Sunday 8 July 2018

Weekend look back - Lengthy post!

Friday was all the buzz, inspiration, motivation of a new start as can be expected. Kicked off well with the new post, logging the breakfast/lunch in MFP and even a 2 km walkies before picking up my daughter from school. 


Normally I stop at the bakery (Best in Aucks) grab a quiche, couple chorizos and maybe a topper etc, today however it was just a roast beef sandwich.
At the halfway point of my walkies I stopped at a usual place and decided to vlog bits on phone (as yet not together and unsure if will post) and where I stopped for lunch. This point has great memories  as this is where my daughter and I would always stop at on our bike rides to grab a bite to eat before continuing the 5-7 km cycle back home. A place where we would talk about anything and everything, give each other shit about things in general and also appreciate where we were. 
Pic taken from stopping of point:




Anyway back on point. School pick up done then the drive (or better crawl) back on motorway to where I am currently holed up and the dinner choice.....McDonald's it ended up being. 


Now the initial thought when my daughter (Miss G) said she felt like Macca's was sweet I'll grab a healthy option or go elsewhere. At the drive thru I decided to change this and I ordered a Lge Mac Attack combo with an extra Georgie Pie (Less than I have done previously).  
Really you may be asking?  Yep really and let me say I did not feel guilty then nor do now looking back. I said to myself that I have not had Macca's for weeks and I am not going to do so again for awhile, so lets have a feed and enjoy it as best one can enjoy Macca's.  
Sounds simple but that's all that really there was to it. I knew eating this kinda food undid today's good food choices but I also knew it was not going to derail anything. I simply made a choice to have Mc D's. with confidence It would not unravel to more junk.


Saturday 7/7/2018

Saturday was World Cup 1/4 finals with a game at 01.45 and another at 05.45, so i decided to go without sleep and before the games work on some bits and bobs related to my plans for this blog and ways to incorporate it with vlogs also. 
Watched both games and I after the games decided to stay up instead of taking a nap. Not much happened but a small trip to the Supermarket to get things for dinners and lunches for the weekend.

Subways on the way home and a wee stroll around the waterfront. Now Subways currently is my food addiction, I am having it like 3 times a week min and to me its a good decent healthy option. I ordered my usual foot long size and decided to go for a meatball sub with extra hot sauce and the usual salads (Lettuce, onion, pickle, jalapenos and cucumber). Consumed and then.......FULL! 

Sorry what? Full? Yep and not just a full cause you ate feeling' oh nooooo this was the FULL as a bull in a china shop full! OMG this was nuts! What the heck was going on here? How was I remotely full? I mean c'mon I'm a big lad who can easily consume 2 of these if I wanted in one go.  My stomach hadn't shrunk that's for sure, I hadn't overly drank water, I just couldn't put my finger on why this happened.  
Now this lasted a couple hrs at least and looking back the only thing I can think of that caused this was perhaps the fact I had at that stage been awake 17.5 hrs and the weetbix I had at breakie may have been enough to go on? I Can't figure it out, let me know your thoughts will you? I'd be interested in seeing what you think or maybe know that caused this. It also defo wasn't the Macca's the night before. 

Eventually it subsided and I managed to eat the Scotch Egg I had purchased from the sm later for afternoon tea. Dinner plans and we decided on cooking Potato Bake with some ham on top. Its been months since I last cooked anything apart from Baked Beans or 2 min noodle or maybe a frozen pie. I miss having my own place.
Anyway made enough for 2 meals and this time I was satisfied with the portion I gave myself. No seconds or well finishing the rest off as I have done in the past - in case you're wondering, the leftovers are still in fridge and at time of writing its Sunday 😛

Below is my final MFP log for the day. No exercise was logged as walking around the shops I don't consider anything but normal day to day activity. 
Oh and yeah I finally went to bed at around 23.00 so what's that about 40 hrs awake? 



Sunday 8/7/2018

Lazy Sunday really at time of writing sums it up. Miss G didn't want to do anything this included a walk. So what did I do?

Well Breakfast was the same ole and then played some games with Miss G for sometime. I then put together some thoughts and plans together before working on this blog some more.  
I even asked my daughter to take photo's of me topless to record where I am at right now. Oh and yes she thought I was crazy wanting to do such a thing. Its not pretty viewing I can tell you that. But not to worry they are not below ready to pop out and horrify you when you scroll down. No; I will most likely add these to Monday's blog where I will be checking in with my weight and other things.

Lunch today was an ad-hoc put together with Tuna, Almonds and Celery. Tasted better than it looked and accompanied with a Green Tea and Lemon. All this also whilst having Elvis on in the background setting the rhythms and mood for the day. A great Sunday so far, though I am itching for a walk and will do so later this afternoon. 

While its in my head let me know what you prefer in regards to the My Fitness Pal (MFP) diary shots. Prefer them as in this post after each day or maybe all linked at the bottom? Or just a simple link to the page itself with no picture?

The aim this afternoon before dinner and the reluctant drive to return Miss G to her mum is to get the basic You Tube channel up so I can post vlogs to accompany these blogs or be independent vlogs in themselves.  
The post I mentioned where I would talk about where I have been since 2014 will more likely be a vlog with a small accompanied blog.  In terms of how often and what I will blog/vlog about well the content will be all related to this journey of rediscovering and building myself. As to the regularity? Blog wise at least a weekly one and maybe small daily updates? Initially it will be mixed until I get into a rhythm and then the flow should be consistent. Alot of things going through my head at the moment in these regards, including topic thoughts/ideas. One I know will be self-love and acceptance of where I am at currently. Motivation/inspiration and finding it will be another I'd like to tackle. 
I'll never profess to be a wordsmith I am just me, a simple fella so what you read/hear at times may seem a mess of stuff but if I edited to much I think it would take away to much of the real me and the journey I am taking. Also if you have not figured it out by now you will, I have a tendency to ramble, or as I like to call it Jibber Yabba. 

19.37 Sunday:

Well I bloody did it! I allowed no excuses for the fact it was dark and windy. As soon as I returned from dropping my daughter to her mums I locked the car and headed out for a walk. All the details are below so I will let you see for yourself.




The thing is I knew I would walk, it was just a matter where. I had a sense of purpose that a walk was going to get done today no matter what. 
So the day is all done and dusted exercise and food wise at least. Its all been logged and recorded into MFP, shared on FB, Twitter and Insta and lastly below for you to see how I did. 

Before I go, I want to say that if you are in the same boat or similar as I am, its never to late to start, or even restart. The fact you maybe thinking of starting is indication enough. Do what I did and make today your tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments!