Tuesday 22 October 2013

NEW BEGININGS

Monday 14 October

No exercise today due to the back to school fun and interview in town at 11. Home in time for lunch and back to school again. I was gonna walk to the school but just as I was gathering my bits an bobs got a call for some temp work starting at midnight and needed to be handy to pen and paper + phone so in the car it was. I put down to exercise 5 times a week and that’s still more than do able so I am not worried.

Good food today I am happy about that. Gonna have a meal around 22:30 to help restart the engine for my work, taking a ham/chz sandwich and two apples which will be logged on Tuesdays diary. So that days food may seem a lot so a challenge to get into a new food rhythm fast!
The rest of the week went well, no major blow outs like pizzas etc, and from Wednesday been walking so that’s my 5 days of exercise.

Sunday 20 October 2013

I feel really good most of the time now. Slowly starting to have better sleeps and less and less coffee needed. I have been good with my eating and if I have small slips I don’t beat myself up, I just dust it off and keep on going.
Buying more fresh fruit and veg and looking at nutritional info on the back of some things and man it’s amazing some of the amounts. Most of my walks this week have had tiny jogs in them and I dusted off the old Mt. Bike the other day to fix up and rediscover my joy of cycling.

Really want to swim again, but due to my physical appearance I have -100% confidence to take off the shirt and jump into a pool yet alone the sea. That’s a goal I am aiming for. As a kid/teen I LOVED the water and sports etc, now it’s about rebuilding confidence again to do things I once took for granted.

I have made no promises to myself that I will actually do it this time, which never works and makes the feeling of stumbling worse, so I end up giving up altogether. This time I am just accepting each day’s progress as it comes and making the effort to improve and challenge myself. It’s always easier when I am not working however so the real challenge will come when I get back to full time work. But the want is there and that makes me feel good!

Went for a nice walk this afternoon, about 4.3km which I really enjoyed in the nice warm sun and cool breeze. Noticed that towards the end I felt like I could have kept going (which led in part to the 7.5km walk yesterday ha-ha), so headed home where I topped it off with some water and slices of Orange.
Before the walk d/loaded an app on my phone called C25K which I tested out for a few mins at the beginning of my walk. I will look to make Monday, Wednesday & Fridays my C25K days to mix up the exercise.

Not much of a big goal setter but gonna make some at each weeks end and see how I did, so for next week:

    Complete 3 days of the C25K challenge
     Maintain the 5 days a week exercising 
    Have a bread free day
    Have a cheese free day
   Look for other things to do in my down time instead of TV/games.



Feel free to offer hints, or help to me for these!

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals, small changes can make a huge difference over a longer period of time! Have fun with the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments!