Sunday 27 October 2013

Today Is A REAL TEST Day

download

That’s, what I wrote on Friday morning in my notes. I woke feeling really bloated/big/Full whatever you want to call it, that morning as I had a cave in and had a midnight feast. Okay it was two sandwiches with cheese,lettuce, and the works so not that bad you may say, which sure is true. But I just hauled it down and I will say IT FELT GOOOOD! Maybe having no cheese/bread for two days didn’t help, who knows. I have no excuses for it as I was aware of what I was intending to do before I did it and I carried through with it totally at ease, with the decision. I told myself I would log it tomorrow and not beat myself up over it. And to be fair, that's what I did. I logged it under Fridays lunch and have not felt guilty about it. I have accepted it and sought help from a great support group of MFP friends to avoid this in the future.

I was given great advice and suggestions from snacking before lunch/dinner and having a tea in the evening,(Alpine suggested) to reducing the amount of starchy carbs and get them from more fruit/veg. Also increase the amount of protein I am consuming. Another helpful piece was that as I am more active and this week have started more running so will have an increase in appetite until the body adjusts.Looking at changing my goals to try and avoid this happening again, Its been suggested perhaps I am not consuming enough Calories…What do you suggest??

So that’s how Friday started and It had the potential to decrease more really. I was mentally trying to avoid the exercise today,probably because I felt big and heavy. I also had an interview at 10:30 and was really looking to use it as an excuse not to exercise due to lack of time when I get home before heading off to the school before 14:00 for my girls assembly performance.

BUT……. I did the C25K Wk 1 Day 3, and I feel sore and images Bloating went and was not an issue for me at all. Its hard to believe the feeling I had this morning was how I used to feel a lot of the time when I woke up, and this morning had been the first time I had felt this way since starting back with MFP. I think I also need to harden up a bit more mentally when this happens again, and go for the water instead of the food! Rest day for Saturday and plan on doing some reading etc, as its the start of the long weekend here in NZ. Be safe and take care of each other!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aaron,
    When I first started running and especially when I was up to 3 days a week for a good half hour to 45mins I too noticed a change in my appetite/hunger. It took me a few months to kind of work out how to keep myself from eating the house down and still feel like I am losing the weight. Even now, a year down and 11kg lighter I still get super hungry after a run.
    It takes a wee bit of playing around with your diet, the times at when you eat, when to have your snacks, etc. I still don't have it 100% but doing a lot of research online during my down time helped. There is no 1 size fits all quick fix unfortunately, everyone is different. Its so good to see you not making excuses, it takes more guts to be upfront than it is to make an excuse :)
    Onwards and Upwards :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments!