Wednesday 27 November 2013

Feeling Like a ROCK STAR!

I have had some great days that equaled into great results both S.V (scale victories) & N.S.V (non-scale victories). I have looked at a few things and noticed a difference both in terms of physical and mental (I am always gonna be fully mental :P) So if you'll let me indulge as I eat my peanut butter w/banana on toast (YUM!) & Alpine Tea, Ill try to tell you whats what.

Today I left the doc's feeling like a Rock Star! I saw her about 3 weeks ago and she did the blood pressure test, weight and sent me for a million blood tests, with firm instructions come back in 3 weeks. Now usually I would have not been bothered to get the tests done, forgotten to take my tablets etc and never made another appointment. Thats pretty much why the last time she saw me was 2 years ago. But with all my recent new attitudes and progress I took my blood pressure tabs, went for the tests and continued my exercising and food positive action. Today my blood pressure went from 150/100 to 100/80!!! I also was down to 122 kg and the tests were good. So for the 1st time I can remember no lecture from the doc just positive feedback and some advice for moving forwards with keep up what I have been doing. YES!

So my scale victory is a loss of 11 kg since 13 October when I rejoined MFP. I have also gone from a 53" waist to 49. I have gained new and great friends who continue to motivate,support,advise and inspire me to better myself each and everyday! 

In my last blog I talked about reaching out and also the fact I had noticed differences in myself as I looked into my feelings that day. That progress still goes on, each day I notice how I now look at things in a completely different way.
 Take for example a show I used to watch and really wanted to have a chance to be on because I was in desperate need of help, a show called The Biggest Loser (Aus/US). I have not watched it since that last blog post (2 shows missed I think) why? Because where I would watch it and feel and even picture myself on there getting the help and losing weight, now I find it sad and wrong! Nothing against the show, it helps people change their lives and has a purpose. But no longer for me! I dont need to burn a min of 1800 calories a day, I dont need to eat like a bird, I dont need big talks I once imagined myself having with the trainers etc like you see.
 Because by exercising and eating within a set goal and surrounding myself with people who are going through differing stages of their fitness/weight goals I have learned to become stronger, in myself and I must say I am falling in love with my legs again ha ha ha! I am doing this and I am stronger mentally and physically because of the hard work I have put into me. I am for the first time in 10 years liking myself again.
Look I still have the belly and at times I wish it could just vanish, but then I reassess and well it is slowly going from the sides and the bottom up (not that bottom). Its slowly melting away and as the blogger in Move Love Eat posted HERE there are other ways to measure your success other than the scales. Take a look at it and remember the scales are only another tool in your kit to measure success.

Over the weekend I finally got out into the garden on Saturday and Sunday burning calories as I dug and cut trees, weeds and the like. I got the job done and a sense of accomplishment with finally reclaiming my back & side garden, oh and some burns on my hands from a plant of some kind ouch. I also turned off the TV except for Duck Dynasty and put the radio on and picked up a book and read as chatted to a friend via txt and FB. Time to think, relax, laugh and enjoy. I also did alot of reading on the internet and scored a couple great core and hip/glutes exercises to do after runs. Found a nice strength program called Beginner Body Weight workout found HERE. I also found THIS website listing 20 great Pre/Post Workout snacks! I also looked around the Active.com website finding some helpful articles. 

Oh and I guess the biggest news is......I start my new JOB tomorrow!!! woop woop I finally am employed again. In fact the day after my down day I was offered it. So so excited and also apprehensive. But this has also enabled me to Enter THIS! My 1st EVER event! A great great chance to test myself and a great goal to work towards and motivate myself. 
Now I think this blog has been long but please a bit longer as I will attempt to talk about the reason for my apprehension towards starting my new job.

Now its not the apprehension as normally you get in a new place or position like meeting new people etc. This is directly related to my exercise/food path. My main and biggest worry has been taking all this new found eating and more so exercise plan into the enviroment that is full time employment. Now I know I am not the only one who has a job either full/part time weather you be a full time mum at home or CEO, and I know a few who are achieving great results while doing this. But me? In Jan I started with MFP and one of the reasons I fell down was that I became employed full time and soon found myself getting home tired and eating all the wrong things. So the apprehension is due to past failures. And they are very much real and to be honest I am shit scared of falling down again. 

The food is not the issue, I can get up at 0430 for breakfast and make lunch the night before (done), the dinner will have to be planned the night before and I know I have this down. Its the exercising that is the main worry for me. Its all very easy to exercise everyday when I have had no job for 3 months, but now I come to my first REAL BIG TEST! Now here I could start to freak out and scare myself into a frenzy, but NO. I am better equipped than I was in January. I have achieved much more than I did and thus there is more to lose. I have a close group of people I know will kick my ass if I let myself and them down, one in particular.
 I am NOT about to let that happen. As I have said I am mentally stronger than last time, I am better prepared with better tools to overcome any issues. 
I have already made a exercise plan which starts tomorrow with times, I am committing to min 3 wogs a week with strength training the other days and Sunday being rest day. This is in my e-mail calender with reminders popping up 1 hour before I set the time to start each activity, this is also on my phone. I will wog before my dinner each night (late afternoon) and I will continue to be honest with my supporters on MFP in all my logging. I am making myself a promise and I dont break promises! I have come so far achieved so much in this time and I am not letting laziness and excuses re-enter my life! NO EXCUSES!

3 comments:

  1. BecksieMirandaaaahhhhh27 November 2013 at 20:31

    Loving your new found positive energy! Amazing how powerful our mind is and when we start to believe in ourself that good things happen in so many different areas of our lives.
    I absolutely hate the Biggest Loser, I find it humiliating and completely unrealistic for the people who are in it and it does not teach them or encourage them to live a sustained healthy lifestyle. You're doing it the right way, and even enjoying some treaties along the way and that is what life is about!
    Great you have a plan sorted, allow yourself a few weeks to settle into a routine and be prepared to keep making changes along the way to keep making it work for you.
    You are doing so so well Arron! High 5 to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becs, its going to a challenge but the more I think about it the more I look forward to taking it on and coming out on top!

      Delete
  2. You are doing so well- keep rocking on! You should be proud of what you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments!