Wednesday 15 August 2018

Recharging......

Hello, and yes I am back. Where have you been you ask? Well the last week and a half I have been moving from Auckland to a rural community near Taupo call Mangakino. Its about a 3 hr drive so as you can imagine alot of travel has also been involved. If you want to see how it all went feel free to check out my "Moving Vlog" playlist on you Tube right >> HERE <<

So its been a fair bit of upheaval and changes but everything is now settled and on track to start anew my life and the next chapters of it. 

The healthy eating and exercise have really not been happening like they were and thats ok, I mean I haven't gone all offline and had nothing but Pizza or stuff no I have been able to have decent breakfast, lunch and dinner the last week. But during the move etc I admit it was easier to nick into the bakery or drive thru to get a feed and thats what I did at times. 
It was good though once moved in last week to be able to have a breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked in my own place again, how I had missed it.  Still the local chippie got a test for 3 nights until I had managed to go do a grocery shop. 


Exercise was really just moving furniture around, walking back and forth from the car and van unloading things. No proper walks at all but thats fine I do know I was averaging 4500-5500 steps a day during the majority of the move. But that isn't really exercise needed to lose weight and gain fitness now is it? Nope, but I plan on getting back to it this week and weekend, may even get the ole bike out for a cycle.

One big thing that has happened the last two days, Monday/Tuesday this week is the complete lack on any up and go. The motor struggled to get going and probably stayed in 2nd gear both days at most. So I rested, played some games, read a book and generally lazed about. I felt good and wasn't feeling depressed or down or anything just very very tired and lets be fair I know why!

The last week I had been full on in moving mode physically and mentally. Loading, unloading, moving furniture about, unpacking, sorting out where things will go. Shopping for groceries, new items for Kitchen as well as normal daily things like washing clothes and things like that. I had been getting up by 6.30 am every morning and in bed by 9.30-10 pm and repeating it over.  This was then also with 14 hrs of driving the weekend gone to Auckland and back Friday and Sunday to pickup and drop of Miss G!

So its only natural that after doing soooo much for a about 11 days the body was like.....Oi what are you doing! Time for a rest and recharge; I guess I was getting a bit burnt out. 

Today still a wee tired but much more energy and things getting done -like this blog for instance 👍👌.  
Tomorrow begins another long weekend ahead up in Auckland for 2 days then back for weekend before heading back to Aucks Sunday to drop off Miss G. But thats ok I have already planned out a nice walk for Thursday afternoon and Friday mornings up in Aucks and will pack a nice sammie for the drive up tomorrow. 

One thing to take from this is make time for yourself. Listen to your body if its telling you to rest or slow down take a day or two out. Don't feel guilty for doing so because what good are you to anyone if you have nothing to give them because the tank is empty. We all need from time to time to allow ourselves time to recharge the batteries and give some self love and nurturing to ourselves. 

So go do it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments!